Thursday 22 November 2012

For The Bath: Nuby Splish Splash Stacking Cups.


I recently became an official Nuby UK Blogger. If you're wondering what that means here goes: I'm a mum of a two year old boy who is full of adventure, spirit and is a pretty good product tester to boot so Nuby send us out a few products, we try them, fall in love with them or don't and then I'll blog about our experience with the product. I'll always be honest about products as well as listing off pros and cons.

So the first thing I thought I'd write about was the Splish Splash Stacking Cups as Roman loves bath toys - and if you can find me a child that doesn't I'll hand you a cookie or something. I thought I'd pull up a description about this item from the Nuby UK website to explain the details I might miss:

The Nuby Splish Splash bathtime stacking cups teach coordination and development.

5 stacking bath cups are a bathtime classic and provide endless fun.

Your baby (or in my case, toddler) can stack them together, put things inside, and watch the water drain from the bottom of the cup.

In a line.
All in a line (3 of the cups pictured, the other 2 were in the bath): Roman loves to line up his cups.

The cups come in a pack of 5 in an assortment of colours, sizes and patterns. They also have little shapes on the bottom of each cup which is a lovely addition and I have to say Roman has had fun telling me all about the triangles, star, flower and squares at the bottom of his cup ;). He's also enjoyed no end the fact that you can drain water out of the cups and enjoys dumping water onto his head via his cups - I know it's a Nuby Christmas miracle as we've had a somewhat turbulent relationship to water being dumped on his head for some months now.

Green cup.

My perspective on the cups: I think they're brilliant. I really couldn't fault them...except for one thing: the packaging! My aunt has been a nanny for over 20 years and couldn't open the packaging they came in which is frustrating if you don't have a pair of scissors handy. It's also good because it means little people can't easily open the packaging which reminds me of a really embarrassing moment I had in Tesco where Roman managed to get something out of it's packaging in the toy section - and I can safely say you wouldn't have that embarrassment with Nuby products! Ha.

Once they were out there was no stopping Roman. I'm very pleased with these cups; they're built to last seeing as they're made from a very robust BPA free plastic and in our home that's a deal breaker as a toddler has meant things being chucked around an awful lot ;).  

They come in wonderful bright colours, which I adore. Roman is at an age where he tells me everything in detail and he's loved telling me all about the shapes and colours on his cups at bath time. 

So what are the pros and cons? Um well I have to say there aren't any cons apart from the packaging. I can't find fault with the cups design - they are built to last and with parents of toddlers (and heavy handed babies!) in mind and I really, really love the colours of the cups; they are gender neutral, easy on the eye and make bath time very fun. 

Nuby Splish Splash Stacking Cups.

Price: I was surprised to find out these cups were priced at £4.99 for a pack of 5 as I honestly thought they'd retail at a higher price. If you're like me and you know bath toys inside out you'll know they don't come cheap at all and while £4.99 doesn't place these cups on the 'cheap' market they certainly aren't on the 'out of reach' market, either. They'd make a great addition to a little one's stocking at Christmas time or for any little winter babies celebrating birthdays in the next few months :).

Who this toy is suitable for: On the Nuby UK website it states the cups are suitable from 9 months + and I would say that's about right. Roman didn't really get interested in bath toys until he was about 10 months and before he got to that stage we stuck to the odd duck or bath book but now that he know shapes, colours and is getting a little bit water averse these toys are fantastic - they make a great talking point at bath time as we go through the shapes and colours on the cups and hair washing isn't a complete nightmare for me any more - woohoo!

It's actually a really great time to invest in some Nuby gear as they have a few money off sales on at the moment, plus free delivery on orders for this week only - perfect if you're Christmas shopping on-line like I am ;)! Nuby have also added a 'store' feature to their Facebook page which means you don't even have to go off Facebook to buy things - and if you're a self confessed Facebook addict like me this is a win/win scenario ;).