Friday 29 June 2012

Broom Boy.


It got to bed time today when I realised I hadn't captured Roman's day in a photo - it was an awful day; awfully tiring, awful people being awful and generally just awful. I was going to quickly force myself to snap a photo randomly and then talk about our day...but honestly? I really didn't want to do that. I didn't have the energy or motivation and it just didn't feel right to be writing about false positives on such a down day.

Well, luckily Bryan had snapped this in the morning - our little man carrying out act of service three doors down on our street for some lovely neighbours that we know from church ;). I laughed my head off when I saw this photo, but it's true; Roman loves to be a little helper, especially when he can be in complete charge of whatever task is expected of him. I'm not entirely sure that he's much help in this situation above but I'm glad Bryan left him to it, childhood is about discovery and the freedom to discover and I feel that too many parents are just too quick to tell their children they're doing it wrong, i.e not the way they, the parent, want things done. 

That's just not our style as parents.