Saturday 25 February 2012

Another Point of View.


56/366

I've been feeling a bit under the weather (achy, pukey, warmy and generally not well) so today Bryan had the job of taking Roman's photo with his cheap camera - I say cheap but a lot of people wouldn't consider it cheap at all, I suppose, but then you consider how much money has gone into my own photography kit and you might think twice about that ;).  

When I asked him to take a photo I assumed he'd snap one on my camera but I'm glad he caught it on his. Life isn't just about showing the 'good bits' or trying to impress people. It's not about being flash, a poser or a perfectionist. Life, and this photo project, is all about capturing moments and enjoying the results. And Bryan's results made me smile from ear to ear. 

This is the boy we both love equally. The boy who is his own person - the one who loves to play with the doors and hide in the porch (I know it was called a porch in England, which was news to me, so I don't know if it's called something different in Scotland/the rest of the world.)

This is my little boy and this my little reminder that he's still small. Still so young, innocent and care-free. When he's driving me to tears I'm going to keep this picture in my mind and in my heart. I'll try to remind myself of his sweetness and remind myself that this won't last forever.