Saturday 23 July 2011

Amy Winehouse, 27, found dead at her London flat.

I don't usually (ever) take to my blog to write about things to do with celebrities (the Royal Wedding aside) because a lot of the time they're getting enough exposure and this blog isn't really about celebs now, is it?




However I make an exception when someone like Amy Winehouse dies so suddenly. No official statement has been released around why she died so let's not speculate or assume right now. All I know is that around 3.54pm today Emergency Services arrived at her home in Camden where Amy Winehouse was pronounced dead at the scene. 


She was clearly troubled and addiction in all it's forms is a horrible life for anyone, but especially a young, talented and creative woman. I didn't like her music at first, but then I heard "Back to Black" and those lyrics really rang true for me at a point in my life in 2007. 


So let's remember something in all this hot mess: a young woman, 2 years older than myself, has died today and that's a real loss to the World in my opinion. So sad for her family.