Sunday 19 June 2011

Fathers Day.


Today is B's second year running as a Dad. I feel so lucky that we can say that. I feel a tightening around my heart when I read stories of parent's who lose their children and feel very grateful indeed on day's like today.

It's genetic...

B is always busy with Roman, they are indeed the best of friends. I always pictured myself being the maniac with the buggy; trying to run last minute errands, get to places and all the while be ensuring the happiness and healthiness of the child I'd have. But we all know how that turned out. It worked out differently. B is the sole child carer. It works and we are happy so that's all that matters.

It doesn't matter that you pictured life differently and it doesn't even matter that you'd do things differently if you were able to change the circumstances. What matters is now. And happiness. And family. And days that we can celebrate the fact we are parents. That we pulled through for another year. 



Happy Fathers Day to all the Dad's; new, experienced, old, young, biological, loving and loved.


Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs