Saturday 22 January 2011

Let's get it started in here...

Roman loves all kinds of music/videos; "Time Warp", "Monster Mash" (maybe even some In the Night Garden) and a few other classics.

Let's add to that the Black Eyed Peas "The Time (Dirty Bit.)" 



This boy is a strange one. Night Garden I can understand; it's Teletubbies, but better (sorry, but it's true.) In fact I can pretty much understand all of the above...but the BEP? Seriously? 


Don't get me started on the obvious and blatant product placement in this video (and in the song: "It's gotta be the APPLE, I'm the MAC daddy, yo") and of course the shameless album promo at the end...never mind the club scenes/all those hoochy mama's that probably inspired the "Dirty Bit" of the title.

Me and B watched the Black Eyed Peas perform in December on the X-Factor where they performed the above song and we both reached a consensus of it sucked.  I mean, don't get me wrong, BEP are okay and speaking on behalf of Bryan here; he has a crush on Fergie from the BEP. I know. And if you follow me on Facebook you know what I think about that one ;).

Anyway, our tastes aside, I think we have a rouge gene and it's swayed Roman towards liking the BEP. And dancing. When he was newborn he would wake up and bop his head to music...now he dances to it, if it has a good beat. I don't have a jiving bone in my body and B dances like Napoleon Dynamite. In this case, I can probably blame my parents.

They have skills and talents I do not possess. Like being able to paint, to draw and do really complicated mathematical problems at the drop of a hat - meanwhile five years later I still don't get it. I'm okay with that, though. I'm awesome in other ways (and it only took me twenty-five years to be okay with that, this is surely progress!)

I'm thinking if being skilled can skip a generation like this, then surely, other things like this can skip a generation. 

Confession: 
When I was younger my parents were cooler than me. I think most people were, mind you. But I was okay with that. I was kind of weird and my life long quest was to be the opposite of everyone else (such a rebel!)

So them being cooler than me meant they had better dance moves than me. All. The. Time. My sister has inherited the good dance gene and I was 100% convinced she'd do something with it professionally when she grew up - she spent tireless hours with me trying to perfect my routine but my heart just wasn't in it. I lacked the discipline and co-ordination it required.

So now I have another dancer in the family in the shape of my eleven month old.


Concentrating so hard on Will.i.am's dance moves.



Don't miss out!
Leave me a great comment.
& when you comment I'll even give you a shot of my air guitar!




Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs